Life has been busy. :)
I am so thankful to the Lord for all of the new opportunities He provides.
The DH changed jobs back in October. The small pharmacy where he worked was decreasing in business and actually closed in January. This is where I worked one Saturday per month just to keep updated in case I should ever have to go back to work. So, now I am working PRN (2 times per month) at a local hospital. This is actually better for me because hospital pharmacy is what I prefer.
G is trying really hard to not suck her thumb. We started something new today as an incentive. I started out setting the timer for 5 minutes and when it goes off, if she has not sucked her thumb, she gets a penny. If she does suck her thumb, we reset the timer and she has to give the penny back to me. We worked this way until she got to 12 pennies. Then, we upped it 10 minutes and nickels. We are still on nickels. But at least she seems motivated by this.
I plan on completing the kindergarten curriculum with her by end of June. We signed up for a Classical Conversations group for the fall. We went to one of their open houses and I think/hope it will be a nice fit for us.
L has started soccer just like her big sis. She is in the micro league meaning they have games once a week. These "games" are basically practice. The parents are out on the field helping. She is loving it. She and G both did the youth run associated with our local marathon over the weekend. G did it last year, but this was L's first time. I ran with L, and Sean ran with G. It was a little over 1/2 mile and L ran the whole way. Sean wants to try the mile with G during our local 4th of July 5K and 1 mile run. He is going to push L in the jogger so I can run the 5K.
Sean and I are both training for a 1/2 marathon in June. We don't usually run it "together." I am not a very social runner. :) You probably only understand this if you are not a social runner too. :)
What do you prefer, running with a friend or by yourself?
No comments:
Post a Comment