Thankful to the giver of all good things

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

Ephesians 3:20-21

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Birthday

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. L woke up with a fever at 11 pm the night before, so I knew it was going to be a long day. We had planned to do some errands late afternoon including going to Hancock Fabrics to use a gift card I was given to buy a few patterns and some denim to make myself and the girls denim skirts. Then, we were supposed to meet Sean at a super yummy Italian place for dinner. Well, thankfully, Sean's new job is flexible, so he left for work early yesterday morning and was able to come home early since I had an appointment I needed to keep yesterday at 3. I was able to still go to Hancock's and purchase a few patterns (I love those $1 pattern sales!!) and some denim. We shall see how it goes. This sewing thing is relatively new to me. I have made L some pants out of necessity (she is soooo tiny), but a sweet lady from our congregation helped get me started. We made our own pattern, so this is my first attempt at using a pattern.

Obviously, dinner was cancelled, but when I returned home, Sean and the girls were making a birthday cake for me. I have the best husband in the world. He forgot to add the eggs, but who cares! :)

My Narrow Way CD also arrived yesterday. I loved the first one and this one is also GREAT! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Late Birthday! I am sorry you were sick on your special day.

    Congrats on the Disney Half Marathon finish. That is a great time. You will be able to break 2 hours in another marathon (one that is not so crowded or distracting). I ran that race last year. It was so much fun. My husband and my best friend and her husband ran it too. We finished in 2:25 or something like that---SLOW--but we stopped several times to wait in line for pictures. We just had fun. My husband did the goofy challenge so we wanted to hold him to a slow run for the half so he could complete the full the next day.

    Good luck with the sewing!

    ReplyDelete