Thankful to the giver of all good things
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21
Ephesians 3:20-21
Monday, January 16, 2012
Back to reality!
So, can you guess where we have been?
I ran the Disney World half-marathon last Saturday. It was great! I know people don't usually run Disney for time, but I did. That was not my initial plan, but the weather was perfect, no wind (very different from where I live), and not hilly. So, I finished in 2:01 which is a PR for me, but I STILL want to break 2 hours!! My 1/2 marathon in October was 2:02. So close.
Disney World was SO FUN! The kids loved it. We were afraid they would be frightened by the characters, but they were not! We even changed one of our dinner reservations so that we could have dinner with the characters.
My oldest loved the bigger rides. She was just big enough to ride things like Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom and Fast Track and Soarin' at Epcot. Our youngest got super excited during the parades, "Mommy, mommy, look, look!"
On our last night, we ate at a fun restaurant called the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. If you need something, you just yell it across the room. For instance, "We need ketchup." Then, people from other tables bring you ketchup and you end up with like 10 bottles of ketchup on your table. They brought G a giant fork and brought me a tiny little mason jar of water with a giant straw when I asked for a little more water. It was super fun.
We just really had the greatest time. :)
I got some kind of nasty stomach virus the day we returned home that kept me down for a few days, but I am now all recovered and we started back with school today after about a 3 week long holiday/vacation break. I think we are all ready to get back into a routine.
Hope you are having a terrific January!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh how fun! I've always wanted to do that one. And SOOOOO close to your goal!
ReplyDelete